Saturday, August 9, 2008

A busy week

It's Saturday morning and I'm up early. Tommy & I are going to Chicago today to see a Cubs ballgame. A company that does business with his company is flying is up there. We're planning to see the game & eat lots of good food!

It has been a VERY busy week.........School registration is one of the craziest times with my job. I worked until 10:00 PM on Thursday night.

Yesterday I was at the mall for a little "retail therapy" and I was in the shoe department (how surprising!). I heard a little girl asking her mother about a pair of shoes that she wanted to buy or try on. Her mother told her no and that she was NOT going to wait in line because the store was busy. I thought to myself, "You should wait......One day your little girl will be all grown up and you won't be able to do this." So I guess you can see where my mind is......I'm missing my little girl. Yes, I'm happy that she is married to Michael. I even think that it is good for her & Michael to live away from this area for a little while. I think it will be good for their marriage. I just miss her.

Last night, Luke, Christy, & Nick ate supper with us. I was busy when they first came in and I didn't grab Luke like I usually do. He got so mad because I was not giving him all my attention. He is so precious. We had a great time, as usual.

I am truly blessed with wonderful children & they both have wonderful spouses. I'm thankful to God for them!

2 comments:

Hers and His said...

I remember school registration during my many years of being your student assistant...good times! :)

And of course you were thinking they should wait to buy the shoes. This is coming from the woman who I've never seen wear the same shoes twice...or at least not that I can remember! You have a beautiful shoe collection :)

Laura Caruso said...

I love you mom! If it is any consolation you can buy me some shoes still :-)